Ethos, Aims & Values
All that we do at Breage C of E School is underpinned by our Christian vision and values.
Learning for life, caring for all.
Children are a heritage of the Lord (Psalm 127:3)
Children are a precious gift from God and our task is to develop the potential of each child and to provide learning opportunities where every child may take increasing responsibility for their own learning. In this way we aim to develop the whole person.
This approach is underpinned by the theology of the Parable of the Talents. We interpret this to mean investing in ourselves and developing our skills, so that we become strong citizens of the future who will be adventurous, studious, determined and empathic - all with a big smile on our faces!
Breage is a fully inclusive school where everyone can develop their skills and achieve their best within a Christian setting.
- For children to be independent learners and thinkers
- For children, staff and parents to work actively in partnership
- To inspire a love for learning
- To provide a relevant curriculum for all
- For children to value themselves
- To foster a sense of belonging to our community hub
- To support all children to realise their full potential
We want every child to be safe and happy in our school. We believe that the key to this is for us all to have self-respect, respect for others and respect for property. Everyone has the right to:
- Feel safe and cared for
- Be able to learn to the best of their ability
- Be able to develop their skills
- Be treated equally irrespective of gender, race, physical characteristics or any other factors
- Learn and play without disruption
Everyone is expected to:
- Be responsible for themselves
- Be respectful of the rights of others
- Try their best in everything they do
Our Christian Ethos:
As a Church of England School, Breage embraces a Christian ethos. The following extract comes from a statutory statement and sums up our aspirations:
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.’
Children are encouraged to explore their own faith and spirituality within a supportive atmosphere.
Our Christian Values:
Breage C of E Primary School encourages and promotes Christian values. Children are viewed as uniquely precious and valued as individuals. Care and concern for all pupils is of a highest priority and woven into the fabric of daily school life.
These values are...
On the ‘about Breage’ page on the website, in this paragraph below Christian and fundamental is spelt incorrectly.
Our Christain values also help us to promote the fundemental British values as defined by the government in the 2011 Prevent Strategy. The DfE has recently reinforced the need 'to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.'